Tales of a bookworm 23

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Kicking Reality Book Review




Kicking Reality is about a reality TV star named Emerson. She feels like she is an outsider in her own life until one night when she goes back to her hometown and everything changes. Logan is Emerson's brothers best friend and teammate. Logan plays soccer for the U.K and is perceived to be a bit of a man whore, except just like how Emerson looks happy, looks can be deceiving. Even though I have read many brother's best friend books this one was very different. I really liked this book because it was raw and real. Emerson had flaws and so did Logan. Neither of the characters were perfect and this wasn't a fairy tale story where all the bad stuff just went away. When Emerson tried to leave her reality show she couldn't because of contracts and I really liked that Kat showed that because it brought realism to the book. I am not a fan of cheating or love triangles and I will tell you that neither are really in this book. Logan and Emerson's story is angsty, funny, frustrating, steamy and will make you sigh. If you are looking for a good read I would recommend this book to you. I've never read a Kat T. Masen book before, but I will definitely be checking out her books now.

Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment