Tales of a bookworm 23

Friday, August 31, 2018

Stone Book Review

Synopsis: Provided by Goodreads

First, hate. Then, want. But in the end? Heartbreak.

My celebrity life was supposed to be easy, and this movie was the biggest break of my career. But from the moment Officer Levi Fox gave me a speeding ticket on my way into town, he’s been nothing but a thorn in my side.

Dominant. Cocky. Callous.
Midnight blue eyes, a bad attitude, and muscles for days, he’s exactly the kind of man I should avoid.

But as the Cold, Montana Police Department’s official movie liaison, he’s taken up a permanent place in my life that I can’t shake.

We fight. A lot.

Then, we kiss—and my carefully crafted hate toward him no longer feels so much like hate.

I’m falling
falling
falling.
But how often do alpha-jerks cushion the landing?


Note: Levi and Ivy’s story will continue in Book Two—Cold.



My Review:

Rating: 5 stars

Do not read this book unless you have the rest of the trilogy on hand!!! Unfortunately, my "friend" Ash did not tell me this secret and I stupidly started the book without having the others on hand.  This is the book I received in my August Bookworm Box. I loved this book and I'm so glad I got it.

Ivy is a down to earth starlet, who came to Cold, Montana to make a movie based on a serial killer that shook the little town.

Levi is a hot, broody officer who doesn't want this movie to happen and is unfortunately the liaison for the police department for the movie.

From the moment that Ivy flies into town and Levi pulls her over and gives her a parking ticket sparks start to fly. Neither one of them wants to admit it and both are stubborn in their ways, but somehow fighting turns to kissing and kissing starts to turn into feelings that neither one is sure they want to deal with. I even started loving the secondary characters. This book ended with a bang and I needed to read the second one as soon as possible because I was invested in these characters.

This was the first Max Monroe book I read and I can tell it won't be the last besides finishing the trilogy because I love their writing. This book keeps you on your toes with the mystery of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment