Tales of a bookworm 23

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Never Let Go-Review!!

AVAILABLE NOW – FREE with KINDLE UNLIMITED!!

Top Shelf Romance is bringing you the best modern classics of romance in Collection #6, NEVER LET GO, featuring FOUR bestselling books from authors: Kandi Steiner, Ella James, Tijan, and Alessandra Torre!

START READING TODAY – FREE with KU!!
https://geni.us/BvjCcT2

Add to Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54239333-never-let-go

BLURB:

Ready for your pulse to race in the best of ways?

This is a selection of romance novels that will sweep you off your feet. Written by best selling authors who will make you stand up and cheer. You HAVE to read these stories!

Never Let Go is a collection of four best-selling novels including:

A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner
Sloth by Ella James
Teardrop Shot by Tijan
Love in Lingerie by Alessandra Torre

Connect with Top Shelf Romance across social media!
Follow Top Shelf Romance on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/topshelfromance
Follow Top Shelf Romance on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/topshelfromance


Subscribe to Top Shelf Romance Newsletter: https://bit.ly/2FVts5w
Book 1:
A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner

My Review:
My Rating: 4 Stars


Breck who goes by the letter B as her name meets Jamie when she literally runs into him, what happens next is a heart wrenching and angst filled book that will tear your hearts into pieces as the two figure out who they are. Jaime becomes B's "whiskey". The type of whiskey that is hard to give up even though you know it's an addiction you need to beat. They start out as friends and then as the years go on the lines begin to blur and they become something more than even words can describe. It's hard to write a review without giving everything away because this is a book you need to go into blind. B is not a perfect heroine. She's stubborn, frustrating, and so flawed, but that's what makes her feel real. You feel everything that happens to her and that she does to herself. Jaime isn't perfect either and the communication between the two when it is most important is not always there and the timing between these two never seem to be right. As a reader I just wanted them to figure out their stuff and be together, but life isn't easy and neither is love.

 I felt my heart break and mend together many times during this book. This isn't a sweet light read that will make you smile, it's heart breaking, filled with angst, real and will make you feel bittersweet at times. It has good moments that show you how great the two characters are great for each other and will show you multiple reasons as to why they shouldn't be together all the way to the end where you find out what happens to B and Jaime and whether they end up together or not. I'm not going to spoil this but the journey these two make is amazing.

“Because that’s what life’s about. It’s about paddling out and fighting the waves until you find the perfect one to ride home on.”

Book 2
Sloth by Ella James

My Review:
My Rating: 2 Stars


First, I want to say whoever wrote this blurb did a great job at intriguing a person to read this book, however for me this book just wasn't the right fit. I won't give too many details because I don't want to give any spoilers away and this book is one that the secrets are revealed as time goes on.

What I did like was that this story is told in dual point of view. I think if it would have just been by one of the characters I wouldn't have understood why the other one stayed or their motives for doing what they did. I enjoyed the letter aspect at the beginning of the book. The writing also wasn't horrible.

What I didn't like was I feel like this book just focused too much on sex and not on the story line. I read this as part of an anthology so I didn't know it was supposed to be an erotica, maybe if I knew that then reading this book I might have liked or I most likely wouldn't have read it because I am not huge into that type of book. I thought this book dragged on with too many fillers and too many story lines that didn't end up being important. This book is broken up into 3 parts and they seem discombobulated, especially parts 2 and 3. I felt like each part should have been it's own book and done a trilogy. Overall, this book wasn't for me, but if you like erotica you might like this book.

Book 3
Teardrop Shot By Tijan

My Review:
My Rating: 3 Stars


Charlie ends up working at a summer camp she used to work with after getting dumped and fired. When she gets there she finds out that it's actually being used as a training camp for the Seattle Thunder basketball team. When Charlie gets nervous she ends up blurting random questions and after asking Reese about his criteria for bed buddies the two end up becoming friends.

Both Charlie and Reese have heavy baggage. I don't want to give to much away, but I was surprised when it was revealed what Charlie's baggage was. I will admit I didn't like Charlie right away. She annoyed me with her random questions and her attitude towards other people, but as I continued the story I understood it was the way she dealt with things and as she dealt with her issues and grew she wasn't as annoying. By the end of the book I actually kinda liked Charlie. I thought Reese was a good fit for Charlie. He didn't let her shut down and he knew when to back off. I enjoyed their friendship and even when it became a little more. This was a cute read that definitely got better the second half of the book. If you are looking for a sports romance with a little heartbreak this is the book for you.

Book 4
Love In Lingerie by Alessandra Torre

My Review:
My Rating: 4 Stars


Kate is hired as creative director to help Trey keep his business afloat. Even though there is attraction between Kate and Trey right away Trey has a rule not to sleep with his employees. The two end up becoming best friends, but there is always that underlying attraction that sneaks through their daily lives. This is a slow burn romance with Kate and Trey always tip toeing the line of their attraction while trying to remind themselves a relationship with the other would be a bad idea for their friendship and business. This was told in dual point of view so you get both Trey and Kate's thoughts which help you really understand their reasons of how important the other person is in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment