Tales of a bookworm 23

Monday, August 3, 2020

Undeniable- Review!!

BLURB:

Anna has never paid much attention to Blake. He's always just been there. Her best friend Spencer's big brother.

But when she agrees to fake date him to help Spencer out, she realizes that Blake may just be exactly what she's always wanted.

Download today or read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3jZX0BX
Amazon Worldwide: mybook.to/JCCU

Goodreads: https://bit.ly/3f5Ziw4

Review:

Rating: 2.5 Stars


Anna's best friend Spencer wants her to pretend to date her older brother Blake so Spencer can date a guy she likes. After a little begging Anna decides to give in even though she doesn't have a crush on Blake anymore. This was a light, easy read with a little drama and a little chemistry.  I liked the idea of this story and the reason why Spencer wanted them to fake date. I read a lot of friends dating best friends older brothers and this was a different take on the genre. There were quite a few inconsistencies that I think an editor should have caught better.Both Blake and Anna change what they want to study multiple times throughout the book without giving the reader a reason why they changed their mind. I thought the author tried to make Blake too complicated in that he works at a bar, but is super shy and still has girls falling over him. I thought Anna was a little insecure, but again she is only in high school.

 At times Anna and Spencer were very juvenile, but it might be because they were only 18. I think this book would have been better with dual point of view so you could see what Blake was thinking and how he was reacting to everything. I think if you just need a short best friends brother romance that only has a little steam this might be for you. Not every book is going to work for every person and other readers on goodreads really seemed to enjoy this one.

* I did receive an arc so I hope that the final product fixes the formatting and missing words every once in awhile.*

Meet J.C.

I'm a 27 year old wife, mommy, new author, and librarian. I have a deep love for books and an unhealthy obsession with iced tea. I enjoy reading New Adult Romance above anything else. I have one beautiful baby boy and 5 cats and 1 dog who are basically my world (along with hubby of course)! And when I'm not reading I enjoy writing, puzzling, trivia, and long walks with the hubs, baby boy, and dog!

Connect with J.C.

Goodreads |Amazon | Twitter | Bookbub

No comments:

Post a Comment