Tales of a bookworm 23

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

The Ryker Ranch Collection- Review!!

BLURB:

Three swoony cowboys, three bestselling standalone romances, one collection from Kim Loraine's Sunrise, Montana world.

SADDLE UP

He's a handsome cowboy trying to save his family's ranch.

I'm a reality TV producer with a brilliant plan.

Sparks fly when Clint Ryker strikes a deal with me that brings me to the ranch to learn the ropes. But when we get snowed in together, with only one bed, everything changes.


BUCKED OFF

A word of advice. Don't fall in love with your fake fiancée.

When the producer of my family's reality show, Saddle Up, tried to get me to participate in an on-screen scripted romance, I saw only one way out. I told them I was unavailable--engaged, to be exact. That meant I needed a fake fiancée, pronto. Enter spitfire, and the girl who got away once upon a time, Penny Callahan. It should be harmless. Pretend to be together until the show is done shooting, then move on with our lives. But living with the woman of my dreams and playing the part of lovesick fool is easy for reasons I don't want to admit. And I don't want to let her go.


RIDDEN HARD

Baby daddy (noun)

slang

The cowboy who knocked me up after one night together.


They call me the wild one.

The Ryker brother who'd rather have more notches on his bedpost than rodeo championships.

I'm good with horses, even better with women. I've been warned that sowing my oats might have consequences, but I'm always careful. And there's nothing wrong with having a little fun.

But the truth is, I want more than fun. I want it all. With the right girl.

So when the most beautiful woman I've ever seen shows up at my ranch, it should all fall into place. Except she's got a big surprise for me. She's pregnant, and the kid is mine, but she wants nothing to do with me.

Download today 

Amazon: http://mybook.to/rykerranch

Apple Books: https://apple.co/3jBRN41

Nook: https://bit.ly/3ArPTtA

Kobo: https://bit.ly/3m1BLTZ

Google Play: https://bit.ly/3DuG00i


My Review:
My Rating: 3.5 Stars

SADDLE UP- 4 Stars

Clint is the oldest brother of the Ryker ranch and is trying to find a way to keep his ranch afloat after the death of his father and his ex fiancé taking all his money and leaving. Clint's mom ends up contacting a producer who shows interest in making the ranch a reality show. Think survivor meets city slickers. Ever and her assistant come to the Ryker ranch to look around and get the contract signed. As soon as Clint and Ever meet there is a spark of attraction. Clint decides the only way he will sign the contract is if Ever spends time trying to learn how to be a ranch hand. As the two spend more time together the chemistry keeps building. 

This is my second book by this author and I enjoyed it. This book had low angst and swoon worthy cowboys. I also enjoyed how close their family was and am interested in the other kids of the Ryker family. Both Ever and Clint were guarded for good reasons but I think everything fell into place really well. I can't wait to read the next book. 

BUCKED OFF-3 Stars

Buck is the younger brother of Clint, who we met in Saddle Up. The tv producers of Saddle Up want Buck to play up the romance in the show with the female contestants. Not wanting to do that, Buck tells the producers he's engaged. The only problem is that he is single with no romantic ties to anyone. Enter Penny, a massage therapist who is trying to save money to buy her dream house. Penny and Buck are not strangers either, the two met when they were in high school and shared their first kiss. Something happened though and now Penny hates Buck, but yet still agreed to be his fake fiancée. This book had potential, except I didn't like Penny. She's held a grudge from 10 years ago, when Buck was 17 and hasn't realized he's not the same boy he was back then. The enemies to lovers trope is one of my favorites and while I liked Buck, I just didn't care for Penny. She wasn't sassy; she was at times bitter and cold. I also couldn't understand how fast she turned from hot to cold. This book did have some steamy scenes, but it wasn't my favorite. I am looking forward to Tristan's story though after seeing him in this book and knowing what his story is going to be about.

RIDDEN HARD- 3.5 Stars

Tristan is the youngest brother of Buck and Clint, who were the male leads in the other two books. While all these books can be read as standalones, it's great to read them together to see their bond as a family. Tristan is used to one night stands and being the wild Ryker. One night when he goes to visit his brother Sam on the rodeo circuit he meets Hazel. Hazel is recently divorced, trying to pull herself back together after losing everything that she had worked hard for. Her sister, Erin, convinces her she just needs one hot night with a cowboy to feel better. As soon as Hazel and Tristan meet the chemistry between them pulls them together. Just one night and no last names, they tell each other and in the morning they go their separate ways. Both continue to think of their night together and then Hazel finds out she's pregnant. Hazel ends up figuring out how to locate Tristan and goes to the ranch to tell him she's pregnant. Hazel doesn't expect Tristan to want anything to do with the baby, but he surprises her and she spends some time with him getting to know him and his family. Will Hazel understand that Tristan wants to be there for her and the baby? Will she be able to trust herself and him again? I really liked this story because I liked both Hazel and Tristan. There was a little drama, plenty of steamy scenes, heart warming family moments and just left you feeling happy about the future for these characters.

This was a great collection to introduce you to the Ryker family if you have not read them before. I can't wait now to read about Sera's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment